Home groups are one of the most important parts of church life at Godspeed. We meet regularly for prayer, Bible study, and fellowship. We dig into God's Word, we share in each other's lives, and we have a lot of fun. Usually dessert is involved.
This fall we are going through a discipleship series called Steps: Gospel-Centered Recovery, written by Matt Chandler and Michael Snetzer. Learn more about Steps here.
We have four groups this fall:
- Tuesdays 6:30-8:30pm in Providence, at Jarrod and Susie L.'s house
- Tuesdays 6:30-8:30pm in Barrington, at Tim and Cindy Z.'s house
- Wednesdays 6:45-8:30pm in Barrington, at Marion and Mary Ellen M.'s house
- Wednesdays 6:45-8:30pm in Barrington, at Mark and Cheryl A.'s house
If you're interested in joining a home group, or would like to learn more, you can contact Rich Fulton at firstname.lastname@example.org or by texting (401) 545-0724.
Why Home Groups?
We were designed to do Christian life together, not on our own. Home groups at Godspeed have three purposes:
- Fellowship and care. Home groups are a place for us to spend time together, get to know each other at a deeper level, and look out for each other's needs.
- Growth. Home groups are a place for us to do "life on life" and encourage one another as we seek to become more mature as followers of Christ.
- Mission. Home groups are for us to go out and serve together as group.
Tim outlined the vision for home groups more fully in a sermon called "Fresh Direction for Care, Growth, and Mission". You can find the full text and audio of that message by clicking on the link.